Friday, February 22, 2008

ONE LOVE (for NATE)


One Love. What do these two words mean? My long lost brother Nate has made this his wonderful saying and thought recently, and it has too caught my attention. What exactly does it mean you may ask. Let me refer you to Elder Bednar and his talk in the last General Conference titled "Clean Hands And A Pure Heart". (If you haven't heard this or read it please do). In this wonderful talk Elder Bednar speaks of turning everything over to the gospel and the Lord. When we really turn our lives to the lord we have one desire, ("ONE LOVE"). We don't just do good because we are supposed too, but because it is our hearts desire. The desire to progress and get better in the lord is a great way of purifying our heart, giving us that "One Love".
Heather is teaching relief society this week on this talk and has shared her amazing thoughts with me on this. She is one of the best examples of having that "One Love". She not only works hard at serving the lord, but has the strongest desire to do so. Myself on the other hand I do try to do my part but find myself still not 100%. I am still working hard to completely put the lord first in every decision every thought and just everything I do. It's hard when the world tells us and trys to convince us otherwise on this.
So that is how I define "One Love" in my life. To be completely consumed with a desire to follow the lord.
Enjoy life, Enjoy getting better through struggles, Enjoy company, Enjoy "ONE LOVE"
last but not least "One love, One heart, let's get together and feel alright". Bob Marley. You think I could post a blog without MR Marley in it ha.
Nate keep this as your wonderful saying I love it. "ONE LOVE"

5 comments:

  1. Brother, thank you for noticing it and enjoying it with me. I have seriously always heard the saying One Love but never knew exactly where it was coming from or what it was. I had thought it was a song, and finally heard it one day by mr marley. I actually started usin it before I heard the song just cause of how much I loved it. And you pretty much put it how I believe it. We are all here in search of a greater good, greater knowledge, and overall to become more like our savior. He and the father hold all the laws, principals, and virtues within them which ultimately is our goal like you said. and once we allow ourselves to fill our hearts with the gospel and lay down our life that is when our desires are no longer to sin or be of this world, but to be better and not only be apart of but share this "One Love". I love you. I really appreciate the post, I hope we all can adopt the phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too. "One love"--goes perfectly with a blog post idea that I'm working on but haven't published yet. God truly wants our hearts. It's all over the scriptures. And it is truly the other thing we have to give back to him that he hasn't already given us. Loved what you had to say, and I'm definitely going to go back and read that talk. (You should include a link to in within your blog). I also loved what Nate had to say. I feel like this is really profound, and Nate really struck the nail on the head with this: "We are all here in search of a greater good, greater knowledge, and overall to become more like our savior. He and the father hold all the laws, principals, and virtues within them which ultimately is our goal like you said. and once we allow ourselves to fill our hearts with the gospel and lay down our life that is when our desires are no longer to sin or be of this world, but to be better and not only be apart of but share this "One Love"."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really feel like there is anything I could add. I just need to be better. Elder Oaks gave a great talk about our motives which I think goes along with this...motives as to why we live the gospel.

    I wanted you to know I got on and loved this post. I'll call Heather now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DItto to sara---it was all said...
    are you the "president" mcaky, i couldn't tell

    ReplyDelete